Florida department of Children & Families
Florida Department of Children & Families (DCF) Fingerprint-Based Level 2 Background check:
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN & FAMILIES (DCF) In order to work with a company that is regulated through Department of Children & Families (DCF), all applicants are required to undergo a Level 2 background check, that includes a live scan fingerprinting process. DCF uses a Clearinghouse that allows the results of the criminal history checks to be shared with multiple state agencies when an individual is looking to work with, volunteer at, or contract through any organization providing services to children, the elderly and disabled individuals. Once you have your background checked, you can move between agencies (especially those that volunteer for multiple organizations) and not have to get a new fingerprint background check each time.
Examples of Professional Licensed Service Areas by DCF are:
- Adult Protective Services – protecting vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Child Care Regulation – for licensed child care facilities, licensed family day care homes, licensed large family child care homes, registered family day care homes and specialized facilities for the care of mildly ill children.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health – care for the prevention, treatment, and recovery of children and adults with serious mental illnesses or substance abuse disorders.
- Refugee Services – including victims of human trafficking
- DCF Summer Camp Providers
- DCF Mental Health Providers
- DCF General